This page is where you will find lesson ideas for teaching child development, early childhood education and other topics pertaining to children. It contains PowerPoint presentations, project rubrics and worksheets. Some of the PowerPoint presentations even have activities at the end. Enjoy!!!
Looking for activities for teaching your students how to observe children and why its important? Check out the resources below!
- Child Development Theorists PowerPoint Presentation
- Observing Children PowerPoint Presentation
- Observing Children worksheet
- More Observing Children Activities
- Early Childhood Scenarios
Below you will find resources for teaching a lesson on pregnancy and the birthing process. Some of the projects give you the choice of having your students complete a poster, pamphlet, or PowerPoint presentation. It is up to you to decide which is why the project rubrics are in word, so that you can manipulate and insert information to make this a better resource for you.
- Pregnancy PowerPoint Presentation
- Conception and Birth PowerPoint Presentation
- Birth Defects PowerPoint Presentation
- Expecting Mothers Project
- Birth Defects Project
- Oral presentation rubric
Ready to teach your students about the many faces of parenting, check out the resources below. Remember, feel free to adjust the assignments and projects as you please!
- Parenting Overview PowerPoint Presentation
- Guiding Children’s Behavior PowerPoint Presentation
- Parenting Magazaine Project
- Baby Budget Worksheet
Learning About Infants
The following resources will cover activities dealing with the development and care of infants. Don’t forget to always add comments and tell me what you may be looking for or if anything should be changed.
- Infants Physical Development PowerPoint presentation
- Infant Care Techniques-courtesy of NE FACS Teachers
- Infant Safety Pamphlets
- Infant Toy Project
The resources are about teaching your students how to teach children. A lot of the activities below would be great for either donating to day cares and elementary schools and/or allowing your students to take them on their field experiences to enhance their learning experience. Check it out!
- Very Very Basic Lesson Planning PowerPoint Presentation
- Lesson Planning PowerPoint Presentation (More Indepth)-Courtesy of NE FACS Teachers
- Healthy Eating/Active Lifestyles in Kids PowerPoint Presentation
- Kids in Motion PowerPoint presentation
- Children cookbook project
- Activity Books for Children Project