Here, you will find lessons, projects, worksheets, presentations, and more pertaining to the subjects of food and nutrition, food science, culinary arts, and more. Please enjoy!!!
This lesson focuses on the six classes of nutrients and their functions within the body. Everything needed to teach a thorough lesson on this topic is listed below for you to download.
- Nutrients Have Class Too! PowerPoint presentation
- Six Classes of Nutrients Notes Worksheet
- Six Classes of Nutrients Notes Worksheet -Key
- Vitamin Basics Worksheet
- Vitamin Basics Worksheet-Key
- Nutrients Jeopardy Review Game
This lesson focuses on safeguarding food in the kitchen. It covers the four steps to properly achieving this and covers some of the more common bacterial diseases.
The following are additional resources for food safety:
Just as important as food safety comes the topic of kitchen safety. Of course you want to safely prepare and eat good food, but it is also important that you look out for and prevent accidents of a personal nature as well. This lesson focuses on safe practices in the kitchen and a presentation, activity ideas, and worksheets for teaching a lesson on this topic.
- Kitchen Safety PowerPoint presentation
- Kitchen Safety Activities
- Kitchen safety worksheet
- Kitchen safety worksheet key
This lesson below focuses on MyPyramid and includes presentations, projects and worksheets. It also contains information on Dietary Guidelines for Americans.
- MyPyramid PowerPoint presentation
- MyFood Tracking Worksheet
- MyFood Calorie Budget Worksheet
- MyPyramid Cookbook Project
An additional activity to the ones above is MyPyramid Comparison activity. For this activity, you would have your students draw MyPyramid as it is supposed to be and then next to it draw their personal one. Making sure that the largest areas on the pyramid are the areas that contain the foods that they eat the most. Lis
Listed below are other resources to use including a great resource for your use and student use! It helps students to easily find the calories of foods based on the amount that they eat. Excellent resource!
This lesson focuses on the steps of meal planning and even meal planning on a budget. It contains presentations and several other activities.
- Meal Planning PowerPoint Presentation
- Shopping on a Budget PowerPoint Presentation
- Menu Planning Project
- Meal Planning on a Budget Activity
The lesson below focuses on the common terms that are used during the cooking and preparation of food. You can either use the following presentation of cooking/preparation terms being defined and illustrated or have your students work in groups to create their own focusing on one specific type of terms such as mixing terms, cutting terms, dry cooking methods, moist cooking methods, etc. Then you would have your students present their presentations to the class making sure that their presentations contain visuals as well.
- Cooking Terms PowerPoint Presentation
- Cooking Methods PowerPoint Presentation
- Cooking Terms Worksheet
Another idea would b to allow your students to choose one of the discussed terms and demonstrate to the class either in a foods demonstration or some other presentation.
The following lesson focuses on teaching students how to read a recipe, use a recipe and adjust recipes. This lesson includes presentations, worksheets, and other activities.
- Reading and Using Recipes PowerPoint Presentation
- Recipe Codes
- Recipe Codes-Key
- Equivalents Worksheet
- Measuring WorksheetMeasuring Worksheet-Key
The following lesson focuses on creating healthy habits. It includes PowerPoint presentations, projects and whole group activities!
- One Body PowerPoint Presentation
- Healthy Habits PowerPoint Presentations (just scroll down)
- Nutritional Self-Study Module
- Health Habits Worksheet
- Food Group Tracker (great with worksheet above)
- Work it Out Project
- FACS Field Day
- FACS Field Day Point sheet
- Sample Field Day trivia questions
My Plate and Portions
The following lessons will focus on eating the correct portions and utilizing My Plate in all eating situations.
- Choose MyPlate PowerPoint presentation
- Portions PowerPoint presentation
- Portions Reference Cards
- My Plate Meal Planning Project
- Eating Out with My Plate
- Menus 1
- Menus 2